The proxy editor is a dialog that allows the proxy settings to be modified. A proxy is an external service that redirects a host connection, perhaps through some sort of secure gateway.
- Proxy type
- The protocol that the proxy server uses.
- The numeric address or symbolic name of the proxy server machine.
- The TCP port used to connect to the proxy server.
- The optional username to be passed to the proxy server. Not all types of proxy servers support usernames.
- The optional password to be passed to the proxy server. Not all types of proxy servers support passwords.
Abandon any changes made so far.
Save the changes.
Display help for this dialog box.