Performs miscellaneous wx3270 actions.
- Send a screen snapshot to the printer
- Sends a text rendition of the current 3270 display to a Windows printer.
- Screen tracing
- Continuously saves text images of the 3270 display as it changes. The radio buttons allow the images to be sent directly to a Windows printer, or to be saved to a file. The screen images will continue to be sent until the checkbox is unchecked.
Note: For screen tracing, an image will not be sent to the printer or saved to the file until the display changes to something else or screen tracing is stopped. This makes it seem as if the screen trace is always one image behind. This is by design, not a bug.
- Make 3270 fields and control characters visible
- Turns on visible control characters. The View Codes button brings up a window to help decode the display.
- Trace pr3287
- Enables tracing in pr3287 sessions.
- Trace back-end events
- Turns on tracing for the b3270 back end. Traces are written to a text file on the Desktop, and a window opens to monitor them. If the window is closed, traces will continue to be collected until this checkbox is unchecked.
- Trace user-interface events
- Turns on tracing for wx3270 itself. This also turns on back-end tracing, because wx3270 sends its trace messages to the back end, so they appear in the same file. Check boxes to the right of this option allow specific types of traces to be collected (see below).
- Open a window to enter wx3270 actions
- Starts up the wx3270> prompt in a new window.
- Display the current keymap
- Displays the current keymap.
- Cancel all pending actions and scripts
- Sometimes a misbehaving script or keymap can result in a hung action. This button cancels all pending actions.
- Re-enable the keyboard that was disabled by a script
- Whenever a script is running, the wx3270 keyboard is locked. This button unlocks the keyboard if it was locked by a script.
User interface trace types
- Window event processing: minimizing, maximizing, resizing, gaining or losing focus, etc.
- Keyboard event processing.
- Profile processing: reading, writing and merging profiles.
- Interactions with the b3270 back end.
- Interactions with the Windows clipboard.
- Sound processing.
- Detailed tracing of screen drawing operations.