The menus can be expanded by clicking on them with the mouse, or with the following keys:
|Emulator||File Menu||Keypad Menu|
Within these menus, the cursor keys operate intuitively. The ↑ and ↓ keys move between entries. When on the top line, the ← and → keys switch between the menus, though it is impossible to navigate out of the Keypad menu. The Enter key selects an entry. Pressing any other key closes the menu.
The menu has the following options:
- Displays the full copyright message.
- Displays a summary of the connection status.
- About c3270
- Displays the emulator version and a condensed copyright message.
- Print Screen
- Sends a snapshot of the screen to the printer.
- File Transfer
- Invokes an interactive IND$FILE file transfer dialog.
- Enable Tracing
- Starts sending trace information to a file. When tracing is already enabled, this entry changes to Disable Tracing.
- Save Screen Images in File
- Starts saving snapshots of the screen to a file, every time it changes. When screen tracing is already enabled, this entry changes to Stop saving screen images. Note that the full set of snapshots may not be complete until this option is disabled or the emulator exits.
- Save Screen Images to Printer
- Starts saving snapshots of the screen to the printer, every time it changes. When screen tracing is already enabled, this entry changes to Stop saving screen images. Note that the full set of snapshots may not be printed until this option is disabled or the emulator exits.
- Save Input Fields
- Saves a copy of the current input fields for use by the Restore option below.
- Restore Input Fields
- Restores a set of input fields saved by the Save option above.
- Display Keymap
- Displays the current c3270 keymap or wc3270 keymap.
- Pops up the c3270 or wc3270 page of this Wiki in a browser window.
- Re-enable Keyboard
- Re-enables the keyboard, if it was disabled by running a script.
- Disconnects from the host.
- Exits the emulator.
Each of the entries begins with Enable if the associated option is currently disabled, or Disable if the associated option is currently enabled.
- Toggles uppercase-only display.
- Blank Fill
- Toggles substituting NULs for blanks (or blanks for NULs) as needed.
- Show Timing
- Toggles the display of command timing information in the Operator Information Area.
- Crosshair Cursor
- Toggles the crosshair cursor.
- Underscore Mode
- Toggles underscore mode (displaying underlined blanks as underscore characters).
- Visible control
- Toggles visible control character display.
- Toggles typeahead.
- Default Insert Mode
- Toggles default insert mode.