- Resizing or maximizing the wc3270 window makes bad things happen. Please do not do this.
- Numeric fields do not allow the + and - characters to be entered if the numericLock resource is set to true. (Thanks to Roberto Ponti for the report.)
- The emulator will crash if the -port command-line option is used.
- The command-line syntax -set resource=value does not work on x3270.
- The -e command-line option to connect to a local process does not work on x3270.
- Cross-compiles using recent versions of MinGW warnings about printf formats.
- Unified the two ways of running Windows tests under the run_windows_tests.py script.
- If the host sends a TELNET WONT TN3270E (even if it has never sent WILL TN3270E) and the emulator is in TN3270E mode, the emulator will cancel TN3270E mode and send WONT TN3270E. This is not listed as a bug fix because it is a workaround for a bug on the host side, which should be sending DONT TN3270E.
- Added the retry resource to retry host connections, even if the reconnect resource is not set to true.
- Added more validations for bad host writes and pop-ups to report them.
- Added the -tracefile command-line option to pr3287.
- Added options and resources to limit hostname lookups to IPv4 or IPv6: -4 command-line option, -4 command-line option (pr3287), preferIpv4 resource, -6 command-line option, -6 command-line option (pr3287), preferIpv6 resource. These can be changed at run-time with the Set() and Toggle() actions.
- Added support in pr3287 to try more than one address for a host.
- Added the -nopromptafter option to the Escape() action.
- Added the -interactive option to the Script() action.
- Added the -subst option to the String() action.
- Added a REST endpoint that accepts POST operations, with the body in plain text or JSON format.
- Added the cursorAt, inputFieldAt and stringAt options to the Wait() action.
- Added support for draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-04, an Internet draft that corrects several flaws in the TN3270E protocol. This support is preliminary, so there is a new resource (contentionResolution), which can be set to false to disable it.
- Added automated unit and integration tests. All new 4.2 functionality and bug fixes have tests. Additional tests for existing functionality will be added over time.
- Added the timingMarks query.
- Added the 2x option to the callback resource.
- Added JSON support to s3270 (and the socket-based s3270 protocol) and b3270.
- Added the scriptedAlways resource.
- Added the wrapperDoc resource and -nowrapperdoc command-line option.
- Added the indent resource and -indent command-line option.
- Changed the default value for the b3270 utf8 resource to true.
- Added the Fail() action.
- Improved the readability of the x3270 color schemes. default and bright are now identical. The old values are still available as old-default and old-bright.
- Changed the default NVT-mode terminal name to xterm-color for color displays. (It is still xterm for monochrome displays.)
- Made the termName resource apply NVT mode hosts (the A prefix]) and local processes (the -e command-line option).
- Added support for building on MSYS2.
- Added the wc3270 SnapScreen() action.
- Made wc3270 behave a bit better when the window is resized.
- Corrected the implementation of the contention resolution draft.
- Corrected the implementation of TN3270E SSCP-LU mode when SYSREQ is sent to the host.
- The emulators no longer crash or hang when the oia option is used with the PrintText() action.
- The nopSeconds resource no longer applies to non-TELNET (T:) hosts.
- Fixed a c3270 crash when a connection is opened from a remote source (HTTP server or script port) while at the c3270> prompt.
- Fixed a c3270 crash when the -secure and -trace command-line options are used together.
- A key typed into a full field in insert mode no longer overwrites the character under the cursor.
- Fixed blocking issues with the Transfer() action.
- Fixed numerous tcl3270 issues, such as the Quit() action not acting immediately, the s3270 back-end process sometimes persisting after tcl3270 exits.
- Fixed the termName resource not applying to local processes (the -e command-line option).
- The Release configurations now build on Visual Studio.
8. May 2022