- Resizing or maximizing the wc3270 window makes very bad things happen. Please do not do this.
- c3270 may crash when a connection is opened from a remote source (HTTP server or script port) while at the c3270> prompt.
- c3270 will crash when the -secure and -trace command-line options are used together.
- When a key is typed into a full field in insert mode, the keyboard will lock as expected, but the key will overwrite character under the cursor.
- Added the -subst option to the String() action.
- Added a REST endpoint that accepts POST operations, with the body in plain text or JSON format.
- Added the cursorAt, inputFieldAt and stringAt options to the Wait() action.
- Added support for draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-04, an Internet draft that corrects several flaws in the TN3270E protocol. This support is preliminary, so there is a new resource (contentionResolution), which can be set to false to disable it.
- Added automated unit and integration tests. All new 4.2 functionality and bug fixes have tests. Additional tests for existing functionality will be added over time.
- Added the timingMarks query.
- Added the 2x option to the callback resource.
- Added JSON support to s3270 (and the socket-based s3270 protocol) and b3270.
- Added the scriptedAlways resource.
- Added the wrapperDoc resource and -nowrapperdoc command-line option.
- Added the indent resource and -indent command-line option.
- Changed the default value for the b3270 utf8 resource to true.
- Added the Fail() action.
- Improved the readability of the x3270 color schemes. default and bright are now identical. The old values are still available as old-default and old-bright.
- Changed the default NVT-mode terminal name to xterm-color for color displays. (It is still xterm for monochrome displays.)
- Made the termName resource apply NVT mode hosts (the A: prefix]) and local processes (the -e command-line option).
- Added support for building on MSYS2.
- Added the wc3270 SnapScreen() action.
- Made wc3270 behave a bit better when the window is resized.
- Fixed blocking issues with the Transfer() action.
- Fixed numerous tcl3270 issues, such as the Quit() action not acting immediately, the s3270 back-end process sometimes persisting after tcl3270 exits.
- Fixed the termName resource not applying to local processes (the -e command-line option).
- The Release configurations now build on Visual Studio.
22. February 2022